What does the Communications and Digital Marketing Internship South Africa entail?
Take a Communications and Digital Marketing Internship with an NGO in South Africa to improve your CV/Resume and raise awareness about greening and tree-planting projects. This social enterprise is committed to urban greening, restoration, and education in Sub-Saharan Africa. It does this by planting trees, fighting deforestation and encouraging a green movement. The award-winning NGO has initiatives that focus on community participation.
It is important that the project communicates with beneficiaries, donors, and stakeholders to reach large audiences. This is essential for the project’s growth and helps to raise environmental awareness in the local communities. It is our goal to build a large awareness platform, encourage people to be active and make a difference in the environment. This internship is for those who have experience and knowledge in social media platforms. It will allow them to contribute to the growth of an online environmental NGO.
Why choose this Communications and Digital Marketing Internship?
This internship is for you if you love writing and social media. Your skills could be used to help a local conservation NGO raise funds and promote their work. This internship is for students who are interested in digital marketing and communications. It will allow you to gain practical experience that will make your resume stand out when you apply for jobs or universities.
The role and responsibilities of the Communications and Digital Marketing Intern
You will be able to work with specialists during your internship. These are some of the things you will be exposed to or involved in during your internship:
- You will gain valuable experience in digital marketing by working on social media marketing strategies, updating social media sites, and maintaining them up-to-date.
- Communication and community management via PR and copywriting activities like press releases, newsletters and blogs.
- Approach media outlets to promote the NGO’s values and help with online fundraising.
- Write blogs and posts on social media to improve your writing skills
- Participate as often and as necessary in urban greening or reforestation projects
- Education materials on greening and reforestation
The activities vary depending on the project requirements and the technical level. However, they offer great opportunities to improve your communications and digital marketing skills. During your internship, you will be supported by an internship coordinator and a member of the project team. Weekly review sessions will take place, where you can ask questions and discuss your progress.
Our blog contains more information about the monthly nursery days.
What skills are required to become a Communications and Digital Marketing Intern for South Africa?
Interns need to have experience in communication, good writing skills, and a passion for marketing. To get the best out of your placement, you will need to have experience with social media platforms. It would be a good idea to have an interest in environmental issues as the NGO is heavily focused on these topics and will be the basis for many of the articles and platforms where you will be working. You will need to be organized and able meet deadlines.
If possible, interns should bring their laptop with them.
To assess your suitability for this programme, we will require a full resume/CV. To support your application, you will need to provide documentation including a motivation letter. As part of the selection process, you will be required to attend a telephone interview.
Travel during COVID times
Our plans to reopen countries and projects are still based on the safety and health of our travellers and local communities. We have had to adapt our protocols and programs in order to protect everyone affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We ask for your patience as we implement new rules in-country. New standards for sanitation, procedures, and social behavior are being implemented for all projects. This includes new hygiene protocols and social distancing. Read more. You may find that each location operates in a different way. As you prepare for responsible travel, we encourage you to speak to your placement advisor.
Learn all about our project to reopen response to COVID-19
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION RESERVE YOUR PLACE
RECRUITING FOR LATE 2022
WHY DO YOU JOIN THE PROJECT?
You want your resume/CV to stand out from the crowd
To assist an NGO in generating more interest in its work
To get valuable work experience to support your studies
Frances stated that she liked the practical and hands-on elements of Nursery Day or Plant Day. Frances said that it was great to be able to observe how the organisation impacts the community and how it operates on the ground. Frances B. READ THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE. Being an intern in the Partnerships and Communications Department was a wonderful experience. It was a great experience to be part of such a talented and passionate team. Gwen P.READ THE FULL EXPERIENCEThe Place
Where can I find work in Cape Town
You can enjoy all the attractions and activities Cape Town has to offer by staying in Cape Town. There are many activities to choose from, including wine tasting, skydiving and shark cage diving, as well as relaxing on the beaches and walking around historic towns and museums. The Table Mountain is a must-see, offering a stunning view of the city.
Costs & Details
- Duration: 8 to 26 weeks
- Prices start at PS1944/ $3035 for 8 Weeks
- Additional weeks: PS141 / $220 per week
- Requirements: Age 19+
- Location: Cape Town (South Africa).
- Writing blogs, updating social networks sites, copywriting and PR, market research, participating in environmental activities, preparing educational material
- Hours of work: These will vary depending on the project’s needs. However, you will be required to help with weekend fundraising and promotional activities.
- Project availability: All year, with the exception of 2 weeks at Christmas
- Day of arrival: Every Monday, the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month
- Accommodation: Dorms in a volunteer house with fully-equipped kitchen and 2 bathrooms.
- Scheduled airport pickup and drop off at Cape Town International Airport
- Training: On-site orientation, pre-departure information packet and project induction
- Support available 24 hours a day from an on-site coordinator
- Get a free water bottle
- Local staff can help you plan your weekend trips
- Learning Reflection Document
- Certificate upon completion of Internship
- Supervision by a qualified professional
What is missing
- There are many options for food and beverages in the area.
- Police/Government Background Check. US and UK citizens can be processed through Kaya (admin fees apply). All other nationalities will need to provide local police checks.
- Costs for COVID-19 PCR testing required before-departure or in-country
Pictures of our Communications and Digital Marketing Internship South Africa
Simple 4-step process
To apply for a space on your selected project, click here. The next step will be outlined by our advisors.
After we receive your application, we will review it and get in touch with you to schedule an informal interview by telephone with your Kaya Placement advisor.
After your interview, you will receive a job offer. After you have confirmed your dates and placement, you will be able to pay the confirmation fee and book your space.
Once you confirm your project dates, we will send you your Welcome Pack along with lots of helpful information to help you prepare for your placement.
Similar ProjectsOther Projects South AfricaNonprofit Development Internship Ghana
While experiencing local culture, you can learn about community development, non-profit management, and social media in promotion.