Do you love studying the processes of living organisms? Internships in this field are for those who want to enter careers as biochemists, researchers, analysts and more. Biochemistry is the studying and exploring of all life and living organisms. It researches genetics, medicine, life science, botany and more to see the workings of cells, tissue, DNA, molecules, and organs. This allows a better understanding of diseases, overall health, health issues and related issues. It is also used in the construction of biological substances, pest control, fertilizer and such. Changes in this field have astounded and adapted to our modern age as technological advancements are made. Read on to see our list of companies offering Biochemistry Internships.
Biochemistry Internships Available
Biochemistry is a field that can be found in a range of industries. These industries are hospitals, agriculture, and education but also include cosmetics, drug development, food institutes and forensic research. Therefore, the careers in this field are quite diverse. You may find work at a hospital, Cosmetics Company, pharmaceutical companies, Government Departments or in the food and safety industry.
Some of the career paths are:
- Forensic Biochemist
Companies offering Biochemistry Internships
The duration of each internship will depend on the company offering it. Most of the internships in this field are between 12 and 24-months.
Biochemistry Internships Requirements
If you want to apply for internships in any of the career paths mentioned, you must also meet the requirements of the company you are applying to. All documentation you submit with the application must be certified copies, do not submit your originals.
Key requirements for Biochemistry Internships
- Applicants must be citizens of South Africa
- You must have a Matric certificate
- You must have an ID document or book
- Candidates must hold a diploma or a degree in the field they are applying for
- You must be computer literate
- You must be proficient in English with good communication skills
- Applicants must be able to work under pressure
- You must be a team player and be able to work independently
- Must be honest, reliable and presentable
- Must not be working or part of another internship
- Candidates must be detail orientated and driven to succeed
Applicants who have a disability may also apply if they provide a medical certificate stating their disability. Only the applicants who are placed on a shortlist will be contacted and an interview may be arraigned. Please make sure the applications are completed in full and all your detail current.