About RentWorks and the Trainee Sales Candidate Internship
RentWorks is owned by the FirstRand Group and specializes in providing long term rental finance for assets such as I.T. equipment, Mining and Construction equipment, corporate rooftop Solar PV systems, medical equipment and other types of assets that retain their value.
RentWorks’ strategy requires an expansion of our sales force from the bottom up. RentWorks is offering internships that will hopefully result in 5 of the interns 4 for Johannesburg and 1 for Durban, depending on their performance during their internships and all their assessments, being employed by RentWorks on a full-time basis as a Business Manager – Sales.
Our aim is to develop the candidate into an effective sales person specializing in the sale of RentWorks asset rental products to the corporate market in Gauteng (4 people needed) and KZN (1 person needed).
RentWorks intends to develop the trainee sales candidate’s skills and ability to the point where the candidate is confidently able to search for, identify, negotiate and close deals in respect of RentWorks asset rental business opportunities with corporate customers.
All applicants MUST have a recently completed B.Com degree from a university acceptable to RentWorks with the following majors: Generic or Business Management or Economics or Financial Management.
The content of the above qualifications should be the same as or very similar to those described by Unisa’s B.Com No’s 98314 or 98310 or 98305 or 98306
- Must be a SA citizen or SA permanent resident
- Must have a valid driver license
- The trainee sales candidate must have his/her own vehicle which can be used for business purposes
- Must reside within a reasonable distance from RentWorks offices.MUST ALSO BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE AN EXISTING CAPABILITY OR CAPACITY TO QUICKLY LEARN OTHER SKILLS SUCH AS:
• Clear communication – written, spoken, and presentation
• Understand financial statements and the “story” they tell
• Basic financial ratio analysis
• Understanding and being able to apply the basics of communicating the customer value proposition to a prospect
• Basic sales process management
• Basic cold calling techniques
• Basic knowledge of lease related tax
• Basic knowledge of lease related financial management and accounting
• Basic statistical analysis
• Effective time management
• Business etiquette
• Professional personal presentation
• The sales trainee programme will consist of on the job training provided by internal and external resources;
• Each sales trainee candidate will spend time learning about each function carried out at RentWorks in order to get a broad understanding of RentWorks operations
• Sales trainee candidates will be coached to identify prospects, secure appointments, negotiate deals, and close transactions by going on live calls to customers and suppliers with senior people at RentWorks
• On completion of the training and ongoing assessments, candidates will be selected to continue working independently in sales under probation for a period of 6 months at the end of which the candidates will be assessed for full time employment suitability.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your covering letter, CV, picture of driver license, picture of vehicle license and picture of B.Com degree certificate to email@example.com.
23 June 2017
R10 000 per month which includes all travel, fuel and any other expenses.
“If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks you can assume that your application has not been accepted”