Rural development internships have a wide selection of careers to offer to talented applicants. These include forestry, agriculture, planning, management and many others. It is ideal for people who want to assist in improving the lives and living conditions of people less fortunate. If you have the qualifications required and a passion for rural development there could be an internship perfect for you.
There have been many changes in the views of rural development over the years. The aim of rural development is to enhance the lives of people living in remote areas. To assist in the development of infrastructure and improve their well-being. It includes areas of agriculture, education, social and physical infrastructure, as well as health care and other vital aspects of life. This includes the social well-being of people and the development of social infrastructure in these areas.
Rural Development Internships Available
Rural development internships include a selection of career fields to consider and a great mixture of culture and experiences. Below is a list of fields you may want to explore once you have completed your studies.
Rural development fields may include:
- Rural Management
- Rural Planner
- Project Implementation
- Social development
- Social Work
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Companies offering Rural Development Internships
- Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
- Department of Economic Development
- Department of Environmental Affairs
- National Research Foundation
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Social Development
Rural Development Internships Requirements
To be eligible to apply for internships in these fields you will have to meet all the stipulations of the company you are applying to. Here are some of the more basic requirements that most companies have in common.
Rural Development basic stipulations:
- All applicants must hold a legal ID book or document
- You must be a South African citizen
- All applicants must have a legal Matric certificate
- You must also have a diploma or a degree where required
- Applicants must usually be between 18 and 35 years of age
- You must not be employed or part of an internship prior to your application
- Applicants must not have a criminal record
- A commitment to learning and aiding others is recommended
Applicants who have a disability is also invited to apply. If you have a disability, you must also submit a medical certificate with your application. The medical certificate must state the disability. Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance but must have their own accommodation and transport.
To be eligible you must complete the application form in full, attach all required documentation and submit it before the closing date supplied. All documentation must be certified copies and not the originals. Only those applicants that are placed on a shortlist will be contacted. The duration of the internships can vary between 12 and 24-months if it is shorter or longer the company will give you this information. However, it is usually stated on the internship advertisement.