Available fields for the Media24 internship program provided with this company may differ yearly. The fields made available each year will depend on the need within the company.
Media 24 is a leading company with a lot of interests in ecommerce, book publishing, distribution, newspapers, magazines, online services and printing. They are a part of Naspers which is an international group of commerce and media platforms. Media 24 is the backbone printing company of South Africa. They control the whole of Naspers magazine and newspapers in the publishing companionship, as well as internet activities with a whole collection of web portals. They are Africa’s biggest distributor, printer and publisher of related magazines products and the largest newspaper publisher.
Media 24 was established in the year 1915, with its first product, The Daily Newspaper. A year later, on a monthly publication, De Huisgenoot had come to light. They established a reserved printing plant after several magazines came to light. Some book publishing and numerous other products were launched over the years as they grew.
Media 24 Internships Available
Candidates can look at the following fields and others within their business structure:
- Sales Administrative
- Public Relations
- Media Planner
- Market Researcher
- Information’s Officer
- Program Researcher
- Graphic Designer
- Program Broadcaster
- Multimedia Specialist
- Digital Media Coordinator
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Content Creator
- Computer Information Systems Specialist
- Computer Technician
- Digital Media Coordinator
Media 24 Internships Requirements
Individuals who are interested in applying for the fields made available yearly by Media 24 will also have to meet all requirements. Some of the requirements may differ and will depend on the field applying for. Young, talented and visionary South African citizens are invited to apply for their internships. Applicants will be required to meet all stipulations prior to applying.
Stipulations are as follow:
- Valid ID Document or ID Book
- Completed Grade 12 and hold a valid certification
- Experience within the media field is strongly advised
- Computer literacy is a must
- Writing and research experience is advantageous
- Experience with digital photography is required in some fields
- This must be the first internship applied for
- Proficiency in the English language is a must
- If able to function well within a team and individually it will be to the candidate’s advantage
- If able to plan and meet deadlines it will be to the candidate’s advantage
- If passionate about their field and social it will be to the candidate’s advantage
- If able to organize with skill it will be to the candidate’s advantage
- If willing to travel and flexible in this regard it will be to the candidate’s advantage
- If keen on local, as well as international matters it will be to the candidate’s advantage
- If creativeness and passiveness is present it will be to the candidate’s advantage
Applicants who are seen as extroverts, energetic and eager to learn is preferred. Candidates must also be able to use their own initiative where needed.
Media 24 Internships Application
Media 24 internships application online is made available each year. Interested individuals can find the applications on the company website via their Careers Tab. Applicants can also find more information regarding the application process via this Link.
The world of information, technology and forms of media are an ever changing industry for successful applicants to explore. If this is the road you want to travel then you are invited to apply when their internships open, and if you meet all requirements.
Applicants must remember to also supply a curriculum vitae and cover letter with their application. Applicants must please not submit their original documentation, but only certified copies as documents will not be returned. Only those who make the companies short list will be contacted. Thus, if you do not hear from them, then you can accept that your application was not a successful one.
Media 24 Internships Closing Dates
Internships made available by Media 24 do not always close the same month of the year. This is due to the need within the company changing during each year.
Interested individuals may apply if they meet all set stipulations and their field of interest opens. Applicants must ensure they read the information provided and the application carefully. All fields of the application must be completed, all relevant documentation must be certified and accompany the application. The application must be signed by the candidate applying.
All application received after the closing date as made available, will not be looked at. This also goes for any application that is not signed, not completed or missing documentation.
If the world of entertainment, media and technology is the path you wish to follow, then we wish you all the best for the future. Good luck to all applicants!