- Would you like to work within Department of Public Services & Administration?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Are you caring and loving?
Then the DPSA may have an internship for you!
The public service programs offered by Government has many great career paths. Their aim is to make public services more effective, orientated and developed. Their vision is to deliver efficient, reliable services in all sectors with skilled workers.
They have made available a variety of opportunities, so that they can help in stabilizing the economy, and workforce within South Africa. They offer support, advice and education from experts in each field. They do not however guarantee a permanent position upon completion of the internship.
Additionally they also promote fairness and equality, therefore each application will receive the same treatment.
DPSA Internships Available
DPSA offers a diversity of internships each year, here are some that may be of interest to you, depending on your anticipated career path:
- Social Development
- Home Affairs
- Environmental Affairs
- Postal Services
- Trade and Industry
- Justice and Constitutional Justice
- Water and Sanitation
Applications are accepted yearly for a selection of internships to fill opening that may arise within all sectors of Government.
Candidates will also be required to have the following:
- Candidates must hold a valid Matric certificate
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid ID book/card
- Candidates must be unemployed
- Candidates must hold a diploma or degree form a recognized institute of higher learning
- Candidates with a degree or diploma within the selected discipline
- Candidates must be MS as well as computer literate
- Must be proficient in English (read, write & speak)
- Candidates must not have been employed within their related field of study
- Candidates must not hold any kind of criminal record
- Candidates must show a commitment to follow a career within the public sector
- Candidates must be willing to stay or move to where the need is highest, even rural areas
More information will be made available to qualifying candidates, depending on the internship. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Ensure you attach all relevant certified documentation to your application, in addition to a curriculum vitae. The curriculum vitae should reflect your expertise, competencies along with your skills and interests.
Internships online applications processes are made available during the year. There are multiple sites where applications can be made, nonetheless it is suggested to frequently check on the DPSA Website for any developments during the year.
Each internship will be specified towards the different areas, applications for those areas are preferred. Such as:
The closing dates for internships fluctuate, depending on the current needs within the DPSA at the time. Be sure to check on their home page regularly for such opportunities. Remember to complete the forms fully and add all relevant documentation.